Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Borrowers (2011) on BBC

Stephen Fry and Victoria Wood will be battling the Clock family this Christmas on BBC1's The Borrowers. Fry will be Professor Mildeye and Wood will be Grandma Driver hunting the little people invading the house.

"Filming is due to start at the end of June on the BBC's new 90-minute adaptation of The Borrowers, based on Mary Norton's books about tiny people living in secret beneath floorboards. The star-studded production includes Stephen Fry, Victoria Wood, Christopher Eccleston, Sharon Horgan and Shaun Dooley, alongside top young talent Robert Sheehan and Aisling Loftus." (Read more at Screen Terrier)

Article in Guardian
"I couldn't be more thrilled with Ben Vanstone's take on this classic Christmas story," said Juliette Howell, head of television at Working Title, which is making the programme. "It feels fresh, original, and above all funny."

Stephen Fry: "I was very surprised to get this script because I remember they did The Borrowers not that long ago… I thought “Oh, that’s odd” but I read the script and thought it was delightful and I had a really funny part…"

No comments:

Post a Comment