Sunday, July 3, 2011

Video: Costume Design for Dolley Madison

Fans of period costume, check out this video! We get a glimpse behind the scenes with costume designer Candice Donnelly showing some of the gorgeous historical gowns created for Dolley Madison, America's 'first' First Lady, which previously aired on PBS' American Experience in 2010.

MTA - Just finished watching the broadcast of Dolley Madison which I had someone record for me on VHS last year! I found it thoroughly engaging and loved learning about this impressive woman I knew nothing of, and more of that time in American history since it was never part of my Canadian curriculum.



Features Eve Best in the role of Dolley Madison.
She also portrayed Wallis Simpson in The King's Speech.





Exhibit of Dolley's costumes
June 15, 2011 - March 31, 2012
James Madison's Montpelier, Virginia

No comments:

Post a Comment